Whether in large interactive lectures or smaller, locally commissioned seminars, we provide an engaging and interactive approach to learning, geared towards practice changing actions.
As for our flagship open courses, we sift through the endless stream of research and guidelines to pick out the parts that actually make a difference in primary care. We then turn those updates into high quality content which can be tailored to your specific needs and those of your audiences, be it single or multidisciplinary.
At every Red Whale course your delegates will receive five hours of face to face teaching, delivered in a location of your choice by one of our experienced GP presenters. They will also take home a copy of the course handbook and 12 months access to gpcpd.com – our in-consultation search facility, online handbook and CPD tracking platform.
With In-House courses we can offer a lot more flexibility in terms of content and method of delivery than it is possible on our scheduled courses. If you’re interested in blending face to face with online learning or webinars from our award winning team, hop over to the ‘Learning options’ tab to find out more or contact us at Inhousecourses@red-whale.co.uk.
GP Update Course
- Adaptable for GPs, GP trainees, Nurses, Pharmacists or Multidisciplinary audiences
- RCGP accredited
- Covers the latest and most relevant changes in primary care
- Education which can help lead to better patient outcomes
- Brings your team together to boost confidence, motivation
NEW for 2020 - GP UPDATE EXTRA: Delegates will get a further 6 hours of online content - tackling time saving, headache reducing tips, hints and tools to make life a touch easier!
GP Cancer Update Course
- Aims to increase early cancer diagnosis rates, improve the consistency of cancer care and provide better patient outcomes
- Suitable for single or multidisciplinary primary care teams
- Provides a better understanding of current screening programmes
- Looks at ways to focus energies to improve screening rates and what stratified cancer follow up will look like in the near future
This course covers almost 50% of the cancer related National Service Specifications which are coming for 2020 and will help prepare you for the 2020/21 personalised care and anticipatory care service specifications.
Women’s Health Update Course
- Suitable for a multidisciplinary audience
- Boots confidence with gynaecological consultations
- Covers topics including perimenopausal contraception, fertility and preconceptual care, ovarian cysts, benign breast disease, vulval problems, low libido and plenty more
- Fulfils the CPD criteria for DFSRH/DFFP LoC IUD/SDI
MSK and Chronic Pain Update Course
- Suitable for all primary care clinicians who see patients with MSK problems
- Tackles the main musculoskeletal issues, which takes up 30% of repeat consultations in primary care
- Covers the evidence-base and guidelines for osteoarthritis, spondyloarthritis, polymyalgia, fibromyalgia (and much more)
- Looks at some ‘minute microskills’ like pacing/grading, acceptance and mindfulness
- Considers common painful muscle and tendon complaints and what we can do when there simply is no diagnosis
Lead. Manage. Thrive!
- Suitable for multidisciplinary audiences
- Covers relevant management, leadership and development literature through the lens of real GPs
- Boosts confidence to build successful and resilient practitioners
- Improves personal impact, performance and leadership skills
Mental Health Update - NEW for 2020!
- 40% of appointments involve mental health issues (2018 MIND survey of 1000 GPs)
- Teaches how to adopt a structured approach to mental health appointments in everyday practice
- Provides a range of tools and skills that can be used in a 10-minute consultation window
If you’re interested in commissioning a course in your area please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our full day face to face courses are our most popular option but by no means the only one.
For private audiences we can provide a blended-learning environment which is solution focused, drives engagement, practice change and more importantly, suits a range of different learning styles.
By combining traditional methods with online materials, we provide learners with interactive content and empower them to have more control of their learning as well as more fun!
What are the options?
- Commissioned live webinars – One hour webinars produced to your specification from our award winning team, taking into account your desired learning outcomes and messages you want your audience to take away. These are available in a variety of different formats:
- Chat show style
- One or two Red Whale presenters have an informal interview with a specialist (i.e. secondary care consultant, an expert of your organisation or other eminent figure in the field)
- We have successfully delivered this type of webinars for high profile customers such as Macmillan and Versus Arthritis. Watch them free of charge by visiting this page
- Big Ask
- The learners are asked to send in their questions on any topic
- A panel of Red Whale presenters spends an hour answering these questions
- We have delivered this type of webinar for CCGs following a traditional face to face course or series of webinars
- Talking heads
- A Red Whale presenter with a special interest in the topic spends 45-60 minutes covering the most practice changing evidence-based updates on the subject
- We have been running this type of programme successfully with customers which include The Centre for Pharmacy Postgraduate Education (CPPE)
- Chat show style
- Group access to existing webinars and online courses – We have a growing catalogue of webinars and online courses to provide bite sized learning to remote audiences, smaller teams or teams who can’t all take the day off at the same time. These can be accessed for 12 months from initial purchase and can can be watched over and over again! The high-quality resources included with the video content make it an ideal option for self-study, during in-practice meetings or protected learning time.
- Online handbooks – Providing a solid base with in-consultation resources for the whole team or addressing PUNS and DENS as they arise is something we get asked for often. www.GPCPD.com provides extensive chapterised and indexed material covering about 97% of the RCGP determined curriculum for Primary Care. We are working on the remaining 3%!
Focussed Learning activities, ideas for audit and quality improvement exercises are offered at the end of each online article. These can be carried out at home or as a practice wide exercise. They cement the learning and provide opportunities for practice changing outcomes. And of course, this material is updated at least every 12 months.
- Printed handbooks – Still as popular as ever, they are the go-to reference sources in consultation for many more classically trained audiences.
Any combination of the above, whatever the needs of your area are, we can find learning options to suit you, and your audience.
Once we have answered all your questions, provided you with a quote, clarified what you need to provide, and found a suitable date, you will hopefully decide to commission your course with us.
At this point we’ll continue to be right by your side to support you with one dedicated point of contact who will be available to answer your questions and guide you through the course organisation process.
- Provide information about the logistical aspects of the course, general information on content, and put you in touch with your course presenter who can discuss specific content details with you and help you cater to the needs of your locality if required.
- Create personalised marketing materials to promote your course to your audiences – be it a flyer, content for a webpage or a series of promotional emails.
- Provide you with guidance on the logistics and visual equipment requirements to ensure your course is a success.
- Liaise with the venue to arrange delivery of our training materials, and confirm they’ve been delivered, for your peace of mind.
- Collect feedback from the delegates on the day of the course and send it to you electronically.
They’ll be no further than a phone call away on the day of your course should you have any last minute queries.
We have a dedicated In-House courses team who will be more than happy to chat things through with you to help you decide the best training solution for your needs, your circumstances and your budget.
Whether you are thinking of a very simple update course for the GPs in your area or a more elaborate bespoke programme for multidisciplinary audiences in a variety of media, why not start straight away by dropping us a line and giving us some details about what you are looking for and how you would like to be contacted?
Email us at email@example.com or if you’d prefer you can catch us on the phone - 03330 093 090.
“We’ve been delighted by the programme of events provided by Red Whale. The GPs and practice nurses who have attended have been really engaged in the events and feedback has been really positive. Red Whale management have also been a pleasure to work with; responsive and professional. I couldn’t recommend them highly enough.” Dominic Cunnane, Senior Delivery Manager, RM Partners.
Over the last two years we have worked with RM Partners to delivery eight Cancer Update Courses in London with the primary aim of increasing early diagnoses rates.
South Kent Coast CCG held a Cancer Update Course in October and their delegates had a fun-tastic day:
“Excellent range of topics discussed”
“Really enjoyed the witty and energetic delivery”
CPPE have updated hundreds of clinical pharmacists with Red Whale in the last three years: “Presenters keep you glued to topics and subjects”