Get confident with gynaecological consultations! The course is suitable for all primary care professionals, you don’t need to have a special interest - but if you do, it fulfils the CPD criteria for DFSRH/DFFP LoC IUD/SDI. We will shed fresh light on everyday primary care issues and give you new narratives to use in these often tricky consultations.
You’ll get 6 CPD credits for attending the course and a copy of the printed handbook to take home with you. There’s also 12 months FREE access to Red Whale Knowledge from the date of your course (previously GPCPD.com). If you’ve not used it before, it’s our library of 900+ online written resources. Use our super enhanced search engine to quickly find answers in consultations, discover our ready made practice protocols to make your life easier, and track your CPD for your next appraisal - all in one place!
We'll cover key women's health topics, including:
- What's new in contraception - including an update on drug interactions, the ‘not quite here yet’ new progestogen only pill
- Sexual health: causes of vaginal discharge – what to do about bacterial vaginosis and trichomonas
- PID and acute pelvic pain
- Bleeding problems – period problems in adolescents, bleeding on contraception
- Bleeding on HRT and endometrial cancer
- How to investigate amenorrhoea and what to do about PCOS
- Miscarriage and recurrent miscarriage
- Menopause – specifically managing women with a history of breast cancer
- Pelvic floor dysfunction: incontinence and prolapse.