NEW - GP Update Online Course with GPCPD.com access (Autumn 2019) with Printed Handbook
6 CPD points
Inc. GPCPD.com access
If you’re not one for going along to face-to-face courses or simply can’t fit one into your busy schedule, why not try our GP Update Online Course (Autumn 2019) and keep up to date on all the latest guidelines and evidence and practical tips to make it work back at the surgery. It’s jam-packed full of the latest updates, and the beauty of it is that you can watch it at a time that suits you, as many times as you like for 12 months. We’ve broken down the 6-hour online course into topics so you can choose to watch one or more at a time or simply binge on the whole lot!
The online course covers all the big chronic diseases including cardiovascular disease, diabetes and respiratory medicine. You’ll also get updated on all the latest developments relevant to primary care including neurology, endocrinology, gastroenterology, mental health and dermatology. Other themes we cover during the course are MSK, women’s health, men’s health, child health, managing results, and infectious diseases and immunisations.
And here’s our top 5 favourite topics that are covered on the course this autumn:
- New NICE hypertension guidance was published at the end of August – and there are some BIG changes! We'll debunk everything you need to know and give you the tools to implement the changes!
- COPD – it's all change on the inhaler front (again) and shorter courses of prednisolone for all – we will look at what we should be doing, and why. And when is a chronic cough COPD, and when should we think of something else – our cough GEMS will help.
- Neurological consultations; NICE have done it again, a mammoth guideline on when and how we should refer patients with neurological symptoms. We’ve slimmed it down and set it in context.
- Pelvic floor maths – find out how some simple maths can help your patients with prolapse and incontinence.
- The patient has a low B12 – what do you do? And how do you manage anti-intrinsic factor antibody negative low B12? Starting B12 and folate? Is it B before F or F before B?
What else do I get?
Just as you would on a face-to-face course, you’ll get:
- Online access to all the invaluable resources including our new GEMS (Guidance & Evidence Made Simple)
- Oodles of great material for appraisal and revalidation and preparation for AKT and CSA
- Quiz questions to test your knowledge • Focused learning activities
- 12 months access to our online handbook on GPCPD.com covering over 97% of the RCGP determined curriculum for primary care!
- 6 CPD points. Plus, you can rack up more as you read online.