Following the success of our first 5-Day course in January 2017, we are delighted to announce a further course will run on 16-20 April 2018.
Bookings are now closed – check back again soon for details of the 2019 Global Programme.
The course is open to GPs / family doctors practising outside of the UK.
It will bring delegates up to speed on all the latest evidence-based updates in primary care and offers 30 hours of consecutive learning. This event has been awarded 30 CPD credits by the Royal Society of Medicine in accordance with its current guidelines.
The course will be held at the Wellcome Trust, a leader of innovative thinking in global health. This inspiring central London location is also home to the highly regarded Wellcome Collection, which explores the connections between medicine, life and art in the past, present and future. As guests of the Wellcome Trust, delegates will have access to behind-the-scenes benefits including a tour of the stunning Bleigiessen glass sculpture. Feedback from the last course was incredibly positive: 100% of delegates said that they would come again and would recommend it to colleagues.
Further information, along with a detailed overview of what will be covered on each day, can be found here.
Bookings will be managed by Primary Care International, a social enterprise launched by Red Whale | GP Update in 2014 to support the strengthening of primary care internationally.
Course fees: £995
Course fees include lunch and refreshments each day. Accommodation, other meals and travel are not included and should be booked separately.
We look forward to welcoming you to London!
- General Update (covers broad range of updates across a number of varying topics including cardiovascular disease, respiratory medicine, renal disease, musculoskeletal medicine, dermatology, child health, osteoporosis and mental health)
- Women's Health
- Promoting Effective Behaviour Change
- Responding Effectively to Patients with Medically Unexplained Symptoms
Have a look at the full course programme of what will be covered on each day for further details.
And as well as being very relevant to clinical practice, we make it entertaining too - without compromising the content!
Everything we present is fully referenced - so if you want to do some more research or read the original article you can, but you don't have to.
If you book on a course you will also get:
- The GP Update Handbook - comprehensive and fully referenced covering all the most recent research and guidelines pertinent to primary care but interpreted for real life general practice.
- The Online Handbook - 12 months FREE access to our revitalised, fully searchable and most comprehensive online reference source ever, with more than twice the contents of the hard copy version. (Online access runs from the course date, or the expiry date for existing users).
- www.gpcpd.com our NEW online learning environment - 12 months FREE access so that you can continue your learning when it suits you - on a PC, tablet or smartphone.
- Focused Learning Activities - ideas that amount to much more than 50 hours of CPD credits and more importantly that will really impact on patient care - not just a series of tick box exercises.