I am booked on a course what do I do?
Please do not turn up as all courses from March to June 2020 are cancelled.
Reply to the email you have received from us with the instructions and what to expect next (or contact us at Mail@red-whale.co.uk if you haven’t received an email).
Will I get a refund if I cancel the face to face course I've booked on?
As we can offer you the online version of the course, we will not be giving any refunds. Everything will be explained on your email that you should have received if you have booked on a face-to-face course from March to June 2020.
When are you doing more face to face courses?
We don’t recommend you book any courses until the autumn. Please take a look at our online courses - www.gp-update.co.uk/onlinecourses
Why are online courses the same price as face to face?
You'll get the same high quality teaching from one of our online courses as you would on a Red Whale face-to-face course, which is why they are priced the same.
Here's what you'll get from an online course
- You will receive the same 6 hours of practice-changing updates from the same great GP presenters you get on our one-day courses - available to watch from April 9th at your own pace, from your own home, as many times as you wish, for 12 months.
- A copy of the printed handbook sent to the address you entered at the time of placing your order.
- The same 12 months access to GPCPD.com you would expect from attending the course – to help you answer questions in real-time in consultations, access 500+ articles and find lots of further learning activities, reflection and QI/Audit.
- A series of FREE ‘Big Ask’ webinars to accompany the Online Course. This is your chance to ask any burning questions on the updates we covered on the course and hear answers to your colleagues' questions.
We have worked hard, in our award winning studio, to offer you the same interactive learning experience as you would on our face-to-face courses - with focussed learning activities, energisers and microskills to practice and much, much more. We’re disappointed to have to do this but given the exceptional circumstances we all find ourselves in, we think this is the right thing to do.
Why don’t you offer a discount when you transfer from face to face courses to online courses?
We understand that the expectation would be that an online course should be cheaper than a face to face one, given that a venue is not being used to host it. Unfortunately this is not the case for several reasons:
- The costs of producing the and hosting the online content are very high and these are additional to the face to face courses.
- The costs of intellectual property development are the same, whether used online or face to face.
- You receive 12 months unlimited access rather than a “one time” view.
- We are contractually bound with the venues to pay for a minimum number of delegates. This minimum is sometimes higher than the number of delegates who pay for the course and since we cancelled at very short notice we are still bearing most of this cost. We also need to look after our venues and service providers at this difficult time for everyone, if we want them to still be available for us to book when things have gone back to normal.
- The administrative costs of switching everyone to online, and post the handbooks individually to each one of you (rather than in bulk to a venue) are enormous and we are not passing this on to our delegates.
I have written to you following cancellation of my course but no one has got back to me
We are very sorry. As it is the case for most businesses in the same situation, we have an unprecedented number of queries to work through. We promise we will answer your message as soon as we can, and are grateful for your patience and understanding. We are only a small team and are working as hard as we possibly can.