You're keen to attend the course and want to convince your manager?
We've drafted some text you might like to email your manager to support your case:
Dear [manager's name],
I'm keen to attend the new Pharmacist Update Course from GP Update | Red Whale.
Red Whale is one of the leading providers of primary care medical education in the UK with over 13,000 GPs attending courses each year. All their courses are evidence based, very relevant to everyday practice and full of actions that delegates can take away and implement immediately.
In response to feedback from pharmacists that they'd like something tailored to them and their CPD needs, Red Whale has designed The Pharmacist Update Course which focusses on the priorities for medicines management in primary care.
Attending The Pharmacist Update Course will give me the opportunity to:
- Get up to date with all the latest evidence and guidance relevant to medicines management
- Update my skills and knowledge to offer evidence based and cost effective prescribing advice to GPs
- Provide up to date information to inform local formulary discussions and evidence based decision making
- Specifically focus on proactive management of long term conditions to reduce unscheduled care and admissions
- Bring back useful and practical actions and ideas that we can easily put into practice here, to enhance patient care and increase cost-efficiency
- Give me a very time efficient method to keep up to date with my CPD (Etc...!)
Conservatively estimating the average cost of a non-elective admission to be £1,500; if one pharmacist from the CCG is able to avert just one non-elective admission from this training, the cost savings could be used to send another 8 pharmacists on the course!